Originally uploaded by Anna Fischer
The 100 project's first permutation in my life was as a painting assignment back in SVA, so Professor Peter Hristoff gets 100% of the credit for inventing it. One of many great assignments I bemoaned at the time because making 100 paintings in a week is a lot of work.
I found that making 100 of anything in a week is a fair amount of work, although I certainly had the advantages of a quick medium over PK who had to do 100 drawings this past week.
I used the 100 project to give my self permission to take the kind of silly sentimental images that crop up from time to time in my work. To reduce the amount of investment in the out come of any one image (by reducing control over the outcome), increase ease of portability and just for fun I decided that they would all be iphone photos.
I had to take far more then 100 photos to end up with 100 even passable ones, but I think I got a few solid images out of the project and more importantly it kept me working and thinking about photography all week.
More projects are upcoming, and will be open to a wide range of media so drop me a line if you want to play along.